Thursday, October 20, 2011

Engineering correspondence request


ENGINEERING CORRESPONDENCE REQUEST HISTORY
--- On Fri, 4/3/09, Clif Schneider wrote:
From: Clif Schneider Subject: Cape Vincent Sound Studies CorrespondenceTo: "Kris Dimmick" Cc: "Tom Rienbeck" , "Gregory C."Date: Friday, April 3, 2009, 11:59 AMHi Kris,I spoke with Supervisor Rhienbeck this morning regarding my request for materialrelated to wind developer sound studies in Cape Vincent and the recent draft wind law.Supervisor Rhienbeck has agreed to let me see copies of the material, but he alsorequested that you send copies to him as well. Apparently he has not seen all of thedocuments associated with the noise and sound issues.My mailing address:Clif SchneiderPO Box 165Cape Vincent, NY 13618 (I presume you have Supervisor Rhienbeck's address)Specifically, I would like copies of all the correspondence between you and your soundconsultant, Cavanaugh Tocci, Inc. This would include sound issues as it related to bothwind projects and the drafting of the wind law.I would also like to see any technical correspondence related to sound between you andthe CV Planning Board. I am interested in any reviews, comments, correspondence, oremails related to the technical issue of wind turbine sound.Thank you for your help and assistance.
Regards,
Clif Schneider



gtocci@cavtocci.comTuesday, April 21, 2009 2:15 PM
From: Clif Schneider [mailto:cpschneid@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 2:15 PMTo: Gregory C. TocciSubject: Reviews and recommendations for Cape Vincent

Hello Greg,I am currently beginning my review of the St. Lawrence Wind Farm supplemental DEIS. I have spoken with Todd Mathes, attorney representing the Town of Cape Vincent,regarding having access to any reviews or sound reports and recommendations to theTown regarding a wind law. Mathes told me I would have to FOIL for any internal documents and further added he would consider privileged material anything your company prepared for the Town's engineering consultant or the Planning Board. I mentioned I already had a copy your first review of the BP sound study by Hessler, but would like to see other material.I mentioned to him I would be contacting you, not to request copies of the material you prepared, but rather just to understand the extent of material you prepared for the Town.I have the copies of the following material you prepared for the Towns of Cape Vincent and Clayton: 1) Jan. 30, 2008 review of BP's DEIS for Cape Vincent, 2) March 14, 2008 draft wind ordinance for the Town of Clayton, and 3) April 25, 2008 review of the Clayton Wind farm noise study.Mathes also provided me with a summary of what occurred with sound and other issuesleading up to the acceptance of the SDEIS. I saw a number of unresolved issues that were presented in a memo from Kris Dimmick. However, in another memo provided byMathes he shows what changes were made, but the substantive issues Kris (and Iassume your company, too) highlighted were not addressed to my satisfaction. I doubt if your were totally satisfied as well.My question: Aside from the material I have from your company outlined above, arethere other reviews/reports that I should go to lengths to acquire, or do thosedocuments I note above provide your major points of concern?I don't want to put you in an uncomfortable position, I just don't want to waste timegoing after some of the additional reviews and recommendations your company hasmade, if there isn't much more there than what I currently have.As I mentioned, I've told Mathes that I'd contact you, not to request the reports, but tohave a better understanding of what reports are "out there." I also said I've beensupportive of the advice you and Bernier & Carr have provided the Town and all I want

No comments: