Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Brooks Bragdon comments to the PSC

as a private citizen only.

Hon. Jaclyn A. Brilling May 29, 2012
Secretary, New York State Public Service Commission
Three Empire State Plaza
Albany, New York 12223-1350
Re: Case 12-F-0036 – In the Matter of the Rules and Regulations of the Board on Electric Generation Siting and the Environment.

Dear Secretary Brilling:
I am a member of the Town Board in Cape Vincent and support the Board’s comment; herewith I am entering a - I am concerned that the PSC should recognize the uniqueness of the each community and respect existing Comprehensive Plans and Zoning Laws.
In Cape Vincent our community lies on the St Lawrence River and Lake Ontario and has world class views. In addition Cape Vincent is an historic community with a registered Historic District and some 35 properties on the NYS Historic Preservation Office list of historic homes. The balance of historic preservation assets and scenic assets is essential to the community and also lies behind our tax assessment base. The scenic and historic assets of the community are specifically protected in our zoning law and comprehensive plan.
I ask that the Article X Board defer to local regulations unless a high burden of proof is met that the local regulations are not reasonable and are unduly burdensome. In the case of Cape Vincent, our law is reasonable and fact based and I ask that it be respected. I urge the PSC to under no circumstances weaken the application of local rule.
I was assured as an Article X stakeholder that local rule would not be lessened as the regulations were reviewed. I propose that this is an all important point of principle.
- I ask that the PSC add regulations dealing with acoustics that fully address low frequency sound and sleep deprivation. I understand that the currently proposed rules are inadequate in this regard.
Sincerely,
Brooks Bragdon
PO Box 695
Cape Vincent NY 13618

No comments: