Wednesday, June 27, 2012

ATTENTION Residents of Cape Vincent & Beyond

UPDATE 7/5/12
9:46 PM

 
You may have noticed a bright, white, obnoxious, strobing light, emanating from the radio tower located on the corner of Fox Creek Road and RTE. 12 E .
The Owners of the tower Mars Hill Network, have been contacted and assured us that they are
aware of the problem and are taking steps to correct it!

The light appears to have been shut off

* The light continued flashing last night 6/27/12

The Mars Hill Network said that if they can not fix the problem, they will just shut it down next week.


As the crow flies I live 2 miles from this tower and it is bright.
I videotaped it from my back porch. Can you imagine what 190 giant turbines flashing at night would be like?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This video does not do it justice. I am more like 5 miles away and had no idea what it was. It lit up the sky like a strobe light. 10X brighter than the airport light from my house. Thanks for solving the mystery.

Kathryn Muschell said...

You are right , the video does not do it justice .

Anonymous said...

Just looked now and it's back to red, but that's not the first time since the white strobe started.

Kathryn Muschell said...

I hope it stays that way.

Anonymous said...

sorry, spoke too soon.

Kathryn Muschell said...

Dumb darn it.

Anonymous said...

Acciona experienced this same problem with the met. tower on the McKeever rd. last summer. anyone within 2 miles of the light, endured an unpleasant intrusion into there normally peaceful,and serene nighttime.

So what ! says a nearby farmer, I have a yard light on every night,and sometimes the ships that wake me up in the night also have lights on that interfere with my nighttime enjoyment of the darkness.