Monday, November 26, 2012

PLEASE KEEP TURBINES OUT OF THE THOUSAND ISLAND AREA.


Dear Sirs,
I am an American citizen living on Wolfe Island, where our landscape has been devastated by 86 IWTs.  Recent studies show how destructive these turbines are to birds and bats.  My friends have had the value of their homes significantly reduced with no compensation.  they stay and have to tolerate the noise.
I have boated in the Thousand Islands since the mid-fifties and sailed under the Int'l Bridge this summer.  I worked at Customs and Immigration at the Bridge when I was in college.


PLEASE KEEP TURBINES OUT OF THE THOUSAND ISLAND AREA.


Sincerely,


Barrie Gilbert,
Wildlife Ecologist
 Wolfe Island, Ont.
Canada K0H 2Y0

and
Barrie Gilbert, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist Emeritus
Department of Wildland Resources
Utah State University
Logan, UT 84322-3250

No comments: