BP's Tatics in Cape Vincent Ny

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

“It’s like living next to an airport an [the planes] never land.”

Berkshire Eagle report, via Wind Wise Massachusetts, describes concernes over industrial wind turbines, aired by Pittsfield residents at DPU hearing January 27,2014   
Opponents to commercial wind energy facilities during the well over three-hour public hearing cited how the state and wind farm developers have ignored the environmental, economic and health impact of wind turbines. The most compelling testimony came from several people who live near the Hoosac Wind project in the town of Florida. The 19 turbines went on line in December 2012, and a month later town residents Nancy Shea and her husband Tim Danyliw moved out of their home.
Shea says they could no longer handle the noise and ill feeling, living 2,200 feet away from the closest turbine.
“It felt like the room was spinning,” she said. “It sounds like a jet engine over the house that doesn’t go away.”
Another neighbor to Hoosac Wind, Michael Fairneny, also feels the project has robbed his quality of life in the rural community.
“My happiness was taken away from my own home,” he said. “It’s like living next to an airport an [the planes] never land.” Continue...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's exactly what I noticed one day while parked at Maple Ridge.

It was a very tense and sickening feeling, and I have been upset ever since to think that my home could be in the same situation!

Anonymous said...

That's exactly what I noticed one day while parked at Maple Ridge.

It was a very tense and sickening feeling, and I have been upset ever since to think that my home could be in the same situation!

Anonymous said...

That's exactly what I noticed one day while parked at Maple Ridge.

It was a very tense and sickening feeling, and I have been upset ever since to think that my home could be in the same situation!